The Senior Pastor of Middletown Bible Church will
lead the church in Spiritual growth and fulfilling our mission in building the Kingdom
of God. We desire a Senior Pastor who is a servant-leader and team builder;
being able to motivate and work with staff, Elder Board, and Members to grow in
faith, foster a sense of family, and reach out to the Community. The Senior
Pastor will help us welcome and enfold seekers and new members into the
congregation. This leader will be forward looking, helping to define and
facilitate us on our mission to make disciples and grow the church (Upward,
Inward, Outward and Forward).
- Provide dynamic and applicable preaching of God’s word on Sunday
mornings and special services (Good Friday, Easter, Christmas).
- Work to lead and/or facilitate Sunday School and Discipleship programs
designed to promote spiritual growth within the church.
- Work with the Worship Leader(s) to plan cohesive worship services
which might include music, multimedia, liturgy, Lord’s Table, Bible reading,
- Partnering with Elders, Deacons and Ministry Leaders to provide/facilitate
pastoral care for the sick, elderly, and suffering.
- Provide/facilitate prayer and counseling to people who face crises or
- Be available and accessible to members of the congregation through the
use of regular office hours, appointments, and visitation.
- Conduct/facilitate funerals, weddings, and baptisms, and provide
related pastoral care including premarital counseling.
Administration and Leadership
- Articulate and promote the vision and mission of our church to the
congregation and community.
- Attend, facilitate and report at meetings of the Elders Board.
- Lead staff and hold staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Provide/facilitate general oversight to Ministry Teams.
- Help build community within the Church.
- Assist in the training of Elders, Deacons, and other leaders in the
- Promote inclusive, participatory, and intergenerational ministries
encouraging members to use their gifts to serve the church and help others to
grow in their faith.
- Carry out the mission and vision of the church by leading/facilitating
the reaching out to our community with the love of Christ.
- Be willing to minister to the families and staff of Middletown
- Support/facilitate the care ministries of the church.
- Provide/facilitate prayer, regular communications and encouragement to
the missionaries we support, both locally and around the world.
- Middletown Bible Church is not Congregation-Led.
- Leadership consists of Senior Pastor, Elders and Deacons.
- The Senior Pastor serves on the Elder Board.
- Elders are co-equal with decisions being
unanimous and Spirit-directed.
- The Elder Board is ultimately responsible for all decisions related to
the ministries and finances of the Church.
- Elders and Deacons serve together on the Leadership Board in order to
discuss elements related to the ministries of the Church and care of the flock.
- Senior Pastor can serve as Chair of the Leadership Board.
- The Senior Pastor is accountable to the Elders in doctrine, life, and
pastoral duties and may be required to submit reports regularly.
- An annual performance evaluation will be done each Spring along with
annual finance review with the Elders.
- Members of staff will report to the Senior Pastor as their direct
supervisor and can escalate issues to the Elder Board as needed.
- Senior Pastor, Elders and Deacons may delegate administrative tasks to
staff as necessary.
- Position is considered Full-time,
- Pay will vary based on experience and
educational background, but MBC seeks to pay a competitive wage for the area we
live, commiserate with the cost of living and how that increases over time.
vacation and sick leave is included for full-time staff.
and other benefits can be discussed depending on applicant qualifications,
goals and family situation.